NOW ACCEPTING NEW AND GENTLY-USED ITEMS
An important way you can help those served at Waterfront is through item donations.
You can donate food, as well as new or gently-used items to the Mission to help stock and fund our emergency shelters and Recovery Programs, and other services we provide to the less fortunate in our community.
Waterfront Rescue Mission provides not only meals and shelters but also clothing, hygiene supplies, and much-needed items to our homeless neighbors.
Below is a list of items the Mission needs most. Please call 850-436-7868 in Pensacola or 251-433-1847 in Mobile to find out where to deliver your donations. Or you can have them shipped from Amazon or other retailers directly to the Mission.
Donating food and organizing food drives are great ways to help the Mission serve thousands of meals to the hungry and homeless every year!
- Lemonade and Kool-Aid drink powder
- Individual-size juices
- White/brown sugar
- Olive oil/cooking oil
- Pancake syrup
- Canned vegetables (huge cans preferred)
- Cans of cream soup (mushroom, chicken, etc.)
- Bottled water
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Seasonings (Italian, cayenne, cumin, chili powder, coriander)
- Fruit cups/individual applesauce
- Cough or cold medicine
- Allergy medication
- Cough drops
- Linens (twin size sheets and pillow cases)
- Towels and washcloths
- Dishtowels and sponges
- Cleaning supplies
- Steno pads/writing tablets
- Reading glasses
- Laundry detergent
- Used vehicles
When homeless men and women come to us from the streets, they are often in need of more than a hot meal and a safe place to stay. Having a clean set of clothes is often the first step toward restoring their sense of dignity.
- New socks
- New underwear
- Denim jeans
(Waterfront Thrift Stores also accept gently-used clothing.)
Hygiene and Medical Supplies
Men and women who visit the Mission are in constant need of hygiene supplies (travel sizes are best!). These items can also be easily collected through an Item Drive through your church, group or business. Or have them shipped directly to the Mission from your favorite retailer.
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Toothpaste, toothbrush, floss
- Shaving cream
- Lip balm
- Facial tissue
- Adhesive bandages
Gift card donations are an excellent way to provide for more specific needs of Waterfront Rescue Mission and the homeless people that are served and supported every day.
- Grocery stores
- Department stores (Wal-Mart, Target, Sam’s Club, Costco, etc.)
- Gas stations
- Storage, either adding to existing structures or building a new one. A POD would even work!
- Recreation Equipment. More physical fitness equipment would be helpful in keeping our clients healthy.
- New outdoor lighting for our parking lot and kitchen entryway.
- Powering our storage shed and installing a camera for security.
- Soundproof our chapel offices. Clients and chaplains have many meetings that we would like to keep private and right now these offices are open.
- Covered walkways to keep our clients and guests out of the rain.
- New flooring for our Chapel.
- Painting the facility.
- Clothing area shelves in the Day Resources.
- Wand metal detectors.
- 20 6-foot long folding tables.
- 6 6-foot round tables.
- 50 white, plastic folding chairs.
- Card Printer: For printing durable homeless ID cards.
- 300 comforters. Thin, twin sized, and cozy!
- Smart TV with DVD player and media connections for new classroom.
- New desktop computers for clients.
- Computers. Our clients use them for finding and applying for jobs in Day Resources and our Computer Lab.
- New copy machine.
- Lawn and Garden equipment.
- Vacuum cleaner.
- Microwave. One that would be hardy and durable, but also very simple to use.
Together, we are making our community a better place to work and live — one restored life at a time! Make an investment into our community by investing into the lives of others.