INDIVIDUAL CLIENT CONTACT VOLUNTEERS are active, dedicated Christians who are called to have consistent, hands-on interaction with the guests and residents of Waterfront Rescue Mission.
Step One: See the Volunteer Position Descriptions below for more detailed information about each position.
Step Two: Attend a Volunteer Encounter. At the Volunteer Encounter, you will learn more about topics such as: Who are the homeless? How did they become homeless? What is addiction? What is trauma? How can I best connect with and serve those staying at Waterfront? How is Waterfront addressing the issues of homelessness and addiction in our city? And much more!
*Volunteers must be over the age of 18.
Volunteers must fill out the Level 2 Volunteer Application BEFORE ATTENDING THE VOLUNTEER ENCOUNTER.
Once received, a member of the Volunteer team will contact you to schedule your Volunteer Encounter.
Please submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please call 855-853-8655
All volunteers must be placed on the schedule by the Ministry Team in order to serve.
Client Influence Volunteer Opportunities
- Chapel Speaker
- Job Summary: Share a word of encouragement for those who come for lunch or who stay the night in the Mission’s Shelter.
- Time Commitment: 6 months; weekly or monthly responsibilities.
- Van Driver
- Job Summary: Drive mission van, delivering and picking up of program men to appointments. Pick up of donations.
- Location: Pensacola Men’s Mission
- Mission Support Staff
- Job Summary: This individual will perform duties like working in the kitchen with kitchen staff, receptionist duties of answering phones, as well as greet and direct guests.
- Job Summary: Think of it as being a Godly friend to Recovery Program client. Commitment to weekly phone conversations, bi-weekly meetings (go to a ballgame, a cookout, bowling, something where you have time to talk).