INDIVIDUAL CLIENT CONTACT VOLUNTEERS are active, dedicated Christians who are called to have consistent, hands-on interaction with the guests and residents of Waterfront Rescue Mission.
Step One: See the Volunteer Position Descriptions below for more detailed information about each position.
Step Two: Attend a Volunteer Encounter. At the Volunteer Encounter, you will learn more about topics such as: Who are the homeless? How did they become homeless? What is addiction? What is trauma? How can I best connect with and serve those staying at Waterfront? How is Waterfront addressing the issues of homelessness and addiction in our city? And much more!
Volunteers must be over the age of 18.
Volunteers must fill out the Level 2 Volunteer Application BEFORE ATTENDING THE VOLUNTEER ENCOUNTER.
Once received, a member of the Volunteer team will contact you to schedule your Volunteer Encounter.
Please submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please call 855-853-8655
All volunteers must be placed on the schedule by the Ministry Team in order to serve.
Client Influence Volunteer Opportunities
- Chapel Speaker
- Time Commitment: 6 months; weekly or monthly responsibilities. Job Summary: Share a word of encouragement for those who come for lunch or who stay the night in the Mission’s Shelter.
- Van Driver
- Location: Pensacola Men’s Mission
- Job Summary: Drive mission van, delivering and picking up of program men to appointments. Pick up of donations.
- Mission Support Staff
- Job Summary: This individual will perform duties like working in the kitchen with kitchen staff, receptionist duties of answering phones, as well as greet and direct guests.
- Job Summary: Think of it as being a Godly friend to Recovery Program client. Commitment to weekly phone conversations, bi-weekly meetings (go to a ballgame, a cookout, bowling, something where you have time to talk).