OUR HISTORY & PURPOSE
- Founded in 1949, Waterfront’s first Thrift Store opened in 1963 to support the work of the Mission.
- Effective, accountable, and affordable services and programs help men overcome issues that have led to their homelessness or addiction.
- Thrift Stores exist to provide funding for the Mission’s rescue and recovery programs to the Gulf Coast homeless and addicted including: food, shelter, clothing, spiritual counseling, education, and career development services.
- Waterfront works hard to keep expenses low to ensure that donated funds are put to work in the most effective ways for our community’s homeless, addicted and poor. See the Annual Report HERE.
- The Mission provides nearly thousands of meals and nights of shelter each year..
- The Mission currently operates Thrift Stores in Pensacola, Gulf Breeze, Milton, Crestview, Ft. Walton Beach, Mobile, Foley, and online.
- The Mission provides services in Pensacola, Fla., and Mobile, Ala.
- The Mission offers opportunities for homeless guests who want a job, housing, and assistance in obtaining Veterans’ benefits.
OUR THRIFT STORES
- 100% of proceeds from Thrift Store sales support the life-changing work of Waterfront Rescue Mission.
- Our thrift stores carry affordable new items at low prices bought from national markets for resale.
- Thrift Stores offer reloadable Gift Cards.
- Thrift stores inspect large appliances by a professional service prior to selling.
- Electrical items are tested for safety and functionality.
- Every item merchandised in our stores is checked for quality and is backed by a 7-Day Refund or Exchange Policy.
- Thrift Stores carry a custom, branded line of high-quality, affordable mattresses from Dreamline Bedding called the “Waterfront Collection.”
- Donations to the Mission and Stores are tax-deductible and receipts are available.
- We offer FREE donation pickup from your home or office. Simply call your local Waterfront Thrift Store or schedule a convenient pickup online at http://www.pickupmydonation.com/.
TRUST & ACCOUNTABILITY
- Waterfront earned a Platinum Seal of Transparency from GuideStar.
- Waterfront is an Accredited Member in good standing with the Better Business Bureau.
- Thrift Stores are regularly awarded Best of the Coast, Best of the Bay, and Finest on the Emerald Coast.
- The Mission is a member of area Chambers of Commerce.
- The Mission is a member of the Citygate Network, representing Gospel Rescue Missions nationwide.
- The Mission is a member of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability and adheres to its stringent Standards of Responsible Stewardship.
- Web donations are safe and secure. Donate by cash, check, or credit card in store where 100% of these funds go for mission use.
- The Mission recycles 1+ tons of materials every year. We are working hard to Let Nothing Go To Waste!