Located in the center of the Pensacola Mission, the Veterans Memorial serves as a tribute to all those who sacrificed their lives for our nation’s freedom. It also serves as a source of encouragement and a place of respite for the many veterans who seek help at Waterfront.
- 207,000 meals served
- 110 men got jobs
- $3.5 million in savings to taxpayers
That’s the annual savings to taxpayers by Waterfront providing emergency shelter, transitional housing, access to medical care, and other services.
History of Serving Veterans
Waterfront has a long history of serving veterans in our community. The chief goal is to help veterans get the assistance they need to become and remain self-sufficient. At Waterfront Rescue Mission, we are proud to serve those who risked their lives every day to serve our country.
• Veterans account for 7% of the nation’s homeless population.
• 14% of those seeking help at Waterfront Mission are veterans.
• In our Veterans’ Care Program, homeless veterans work with a representative from the local VA to secure eligible benefits such as pension, housing, and medical assistance.
• Getting benefits takes time. Once they enter the program, veterans who are eligible for VA benefits can stay up to three months at Waterfront Mission in Pensacola or Waterfront Mission in Mobile.
Become a Sponsor (click here to download a sponsor package)
You have the unique opportunity to show your support for our veterans by sponsoring the Veterans Memorial at Waterfront Rescue Mission.
Monument Sponsor – $5,000 (learn more)
The Veterans Memorial features a memorial monument dedicated to each branch of service:
• Army- SOLD
• Navy- SOLD
• Air Force- SOLD
• Marines- SOLD
• Coast Guard- AVAILABLE
Memorial Cornerstone Sponsor – $2,500 (learn more)
Memorial Bench Sponsor – $2,500
To learn more about the Veterans’ Care Program at Waterfront Mission, click here.