Waterfront Rescue Mission understands that for many of us, the family budget is stretched pretty tight which makes monetary giving sometimes difficult. However, almost everyone has things around the house that are still in good shape and could be used by others.
You can donate items like your gently used clothing and furniture to the Mission, or donate food items like canned goods, which will help stock and fund the emergency shelters, recovery programs, career development programs, and other services that are provided daily to the less fortunate in our community.
For more information on any of our donation programs, please call 888-853-8655 or email us.
Everyday Waterfront Rescue Mission provides meals and shelters along with clothing and hygiene supplies to those who are experiencing homelessness. When available, items such as blankets, sleeping bags, backpacks and shoes are also given.
Below is a list of items the Mission needs most.
Shelter Donations can be dropped off at either of our two Mission locations:
Pensacola – 348 W Herman St., Pensacola 32505
Mobile – 279A N. Washington Ave, Mobile 36603
- Storage, either adding to existing structures or building a new one. A POD would even work!
- Recreation Equipment. Perhaps a volleyball net or soccer goals. Some more physical fitness equipment would be helpful in keeping our clients healthy.
- New outdoor lighting for our parking lot and kitchen entryway.
- Powering our storage shed and installing a camera for security.
- Soundproof our chapel offices. Clients and chaplains have many meetings that we would like to keep private and right now these offices are open.
- Covered walkways to keep our clients and guests out of the rain.
- New carpet for our Chapel. Specifically putting in carpet squares so that as one gets dirty and damaged, the entire carpet doesn’t have to be replaced.
- Painting the facility.
- Clothing area shelves in the Day Resources.
- Material needs:
- Wand metal detectors.
- 20 6-foot long skinny folding tables.
- 6 6-foot round tables.
- 50 white, plastic folding chairs.
- Card Printer: For printing durable homeless ID cards.
- 300 comforters. Thin, twin sized, and cozy!
- Debit Card Reader.
- Smart TV with DVD player and media connections for new classroom.
- New desktop computers for clients.
- Computers. Our clients use them for finding and applying for jobs in Day Resources and our Computer Lab.
- New copy machine.
- Lawn and Garden equipment.
- Vacuum cleaner.
- Microwave. One that would be hardy and durable, but also very simple to use.
Donating food and organizing food drives are great ways to help the Mission serve over 240,000 meals to the hungry and homeless every year! Below is a list of staples that the Mission needs daily
- Milk, cheese and eggs
- Deli meat, pork, chicken and beef
- Canned goods
- Grits and oatmeal
- Healthy Snacks (individual cracker packs, granola bars, assorted fruit, protein bars)
- Peanut butter/Jelly
Homeless men and women coming in from the streets are in need of more than just a hot meal and a safe place to stay. A warm shower and having a clean set of clothes to change into are often the first steps toward restoring their sense of dignity. The Mission continuously is in need of the following:
- New socks
- New Underwear
- Denim jeans
(Waterfront Thrift stores also accept gently used clothing.)
Hygiene and Medical Supplies
Men and women who visit the Mission are in constant need of personal hygiene supplies. These items can also be easily collected through an Item Drive through your church, community group or business.
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Dental floss
- Shaving cream
- Feminine hygiene products
- Lip balm
- Facial tissue
- Lice shampoo
- Cough or cold medicine
- Allergy medication
- Cough drops
Gift card donations are an excellent way to provide for more specific needs of Waterfront Rescue Mission and the homeless people who are served and supported every day.
- Grocery stores
- Department stores (Wal-Mart, Target, etc.)
- Gas stations
- Phone cards
- Linens (twin size sheets and pillow cases)
- Towels and washcloths
- Dishtowels and sponges
- Cleaning supplies
- Steno pads/Writing tablets
- Reading glasses
- Laundry detergent
Do you have clothes you never wear? Would you like to get rid of that microwave collecting dust in the garage? Donate your items to the Waterfront Thrift Store! By donating your gently used goods to one of the Mission’s Thrift Stores, you are directly helping the Mission serve the homeless and hungry in your community. At our thrift stores we sell donated items to the public, and all of the proceeds are used in the Mission’s rescue services and recovery programs.
Waterfront Thrift Stores accept a wide variety of household items in good condition:
- Men’s clothing
- Women’s clothing
- Children’s clothing
- Furniture (couches, beds, chairs, etc.)
- Appliances (refrigerators, washers and dryers, microwaves, etc.)
- Lawn furniture
- Musical instruments
- Lawn mowers, etc.
- Collectibles and antiques
- and much more
Visit our Waterfront Thrift Stores website to find your nearest location or schedule a pick up.
Donating your used vehicle helps the Waterfront Rescue Mission drive out hunger and homelessness in Pensacola, Florida. Proceeds from your donated motor vehicle or other recreational items goes directly to the Mission, providing lifesaving services to those who need it most. Your vehicle donation is tax deductible and helps change lives.
Please call 1-800-GIVE-CAR or visit CharityCar.us