Donor privacy marks a commitment to the highest levels of integrity in our fundraising efforts. This commitment requires the handling of donor data collection, donor record retention and use of donor information in the most ethical manner. Adhering to the following guidelines will help to accomplish this goal.
1. Only information relevant to the programs of the organization will be recorded.
2. Donor files will not be exchanged with, given to, sold to, or rented to any other organization
3. Documents containing information about donors will be carefully protected and when no longer needed, will be irrevocably destroyed.
4. Information on our supporters (i.e. donor giving records) may only be given to persons who need it to perform their assigned duties. This includes companies who prepare mailings, analyze and append data, and perform other tasks related to the fulfillment of the purposes of the Mission.
5. Any outside source receiving our donor information must agree to the terms of our data use agreement policy, which states that:
The names and addresses contained in the data files will only be used for the specified project;
The file containing the data will not be forwarded to any other person except for the purpose of completing the agreed-upon project;
No archival paper or electronic copies of the data file will be made before, during or after execution of the project;
The file containing the donor names and addresses will be irrevocably destroyed after completion of the project;
All data or medium not irrevocably destroyed in the course of completing the project will be returned to the Mission in a timely manner.
6. All donors have the right to review their record.
7. All donors may request corrections, review their record or obtain additional information by contacting us.